Caring for America
Besides donating thousands of volunteer hours to our political candidates, Alamo City Republican Women participates in numerous charitable endeavors under the umbrella of Caring for America.
* Our Christmas project is collecting diapers or cash for the Pregnancy Care Center.
* We participate in the Mamie Eisenhower Library Project by donating books with a conservative bent to High School libraries.
* We have supported our troops since the war began, first by sending requested items needed in Iraq and now by supporting our injured troops and their families through the Soldier and Family Assistance Center at Fort Sam Houston. We have purchased hundreds of dollars worth of calling cards so the soldiers can call their families. We have also donated individually-wrapped snacks, magazines and we have held pizza parties.
* There are volunteer opportunities caring for children on Tuesday evenings at the SAMM Transitional Center.
* For two years we have donated over 500 pairs of children's socks to the SAMM Transitional Center in December.
* For two years we donated over 500 k-5 children's new and gently-used books to the SAMM Transitional Center and will do so again this year.
* We supported the local A.L.S. Foundation for 5 years.
If you would like to participate in any of our projects please fill out the form under 'Contact Us' and our Caring For America Chair will contact you.